Epoxy Piping in San Clemente
The Most Reliable & Non-Invasive Method in Pipe Repair in San Diego & Orange Counties
Thanks to modern leak detection technology, we are now able to provide homeowners with quality solutions without needing to excavate or tear down their property. A to Z Leak Detection is proud to be one of the leading companies to offer Epoxy piping in Orange County. Through our partnership with Rikos Ltd., we can now repair your sewer lines using this non-invasive and cost-effective method of pipe repair.
- Temperature rating- Our epoxy is rated for commercial hot application and is recommended for hot water recirculation systems. Epoxy is rated as either domestic hot (140 F +/- 3 F) or commercial hot (180 F +/- 3F). Homes which have re-circulation systems can have water temperatures that exceed 140 F. Although epoxy which is rated domestic hot is standard in the industry, we use the higher standard epoxy rated for commercial hot to ensure that your water system can handle all temperatures.
- Viscosity rating- System Rikos epoxy is rated to leave a coat 20 millimeters in thickness in your pipes. Most other epoxy is rated for a maximum of 10 millimeters. Our epoxy is more viscous, takes slightly longer to apply and results in a more even coating throughout your plumbing system.
- Cure time- After eight hours, the epoxy is set to permit water flow and has near maximum physical characteristics.
- Flow rate- With Rikos technology, you will not detect any downgrade in the flow rate. In fact, you may experience an increase in flow rates based on the smoothness of the hardened epoxy, compared to the rough copper and galvanized surface.
Why Use Epoxy for Your Pipes?
At A to Z Leak Detection, we do not recommend services and products that we do not believe in. With our more than 50 years of experience in the plumbing industry, we’ve seen it all, and we can confidently say that epoxy piping is one those innovations that we’re really impressed with. The use of epoxy to repair pipes is such a simple solution but with a huge impact.
- Eliminates the possibility of future pinholes leaks
- Improves water quality by creating a barrier between metal pipes & drinking water
- Restores adequate water pressure and volume
- Avoids virtually all damage and destruction to walls, ceiling, and floors
- Minimizes impact on residents and tenants
- Saves time and money
Epoxy Pipe Lining Process
Imagine fixing your leaky pipes and cleaning your entire water system with virtually no damage or destruction to your walls, ceiling, and floors! Epoxy pipe lining is a non-destructive alternative to repiping your home with copper pipes. Utilizing the Epoxy Pipe Lining Technology by System Rikos, which has been used in Europe Canada and the United States for almost 15 years, we will restore your pipes right within the walls and concrete slab foundation in four easy steps.
These steps are as follows:
- Step 1: Preparation– We will place protective coverings over all affected floors, furniture, and walls. We will drain all water from the pipe system. We will then remove all shut-off valve covers in the kitchen and bathrooms and install adapters that will connect outlets to the System Rikos air distribution system.
- Step 2: Clean the Pipes– The System Rikos air distribution system will force hot air through the water system to dry the pipes. We will clean corroded and encrusted copper and galvanized pipes by applying air pressure and abrasive cleaning solution.
- Step 3: Coat the Pipes with Epoxy– After cleaning, the inside of the pipes is coated with a thin layer of NSF/ANSI 61 standard approved epoxy.
- Step 4: Testing– After the epoxy is applied, the adapters are removed and new shut-off valve covers are installed. We will then leave the pipes to dry overnight. The next day we will perform pressure tests and water flow tests to verify the integrity of the water distribution system howellsac.com. After we are sure your system is working properly, we will remove all equipment, materials, and floor coverings, clean the site, and ensure it is returned to its initial condition.
Your home will then be issued a certification that water lines have been reconditioned utilizing the System Rikos Pipe Lining Technology. It’s as easy as that!
Get your pipes repaired quickly and efficiently by calling A to Z Leak Detection at (800) 481-1467. Our epoxy pipe lining in San Clemente is available for all residents of Orange County and beyond.