A to Z Leak Detection is the leader in finding swimming pool and spa leaks in San Diego and Orange County. With our newest technology breakthrough, we can accurately verify the rate and volume of water loss over a 24-hour period in as little as 15 minutes.
Now, depending on the region and climate in which you live, it may not be uncommon for your pool water level to vary from day to day. Environmental factors such as humidity, wind, and air as well as water temperature can have an effect, causing you to lose up to ¼ inch of water a day or about 2 inches per week.
You may have a leak if:
- Pool has air in the system
- Equipment loses prime
- You see cracks
- Pool deck is sinking or lifting
- There are soggy spots around the pool
- You add water more than once a week
- Pool loses more than regular evaporation
Test your pool for a leak with the Bucket Test.
Preparing your pool for a professional leak detection
Clean Not Green
In most cases, it is recommended to have the pool vacuumed spotless prior to your detection. Leaks as large as 1″ in diameter have been missed until the dirt covering the leak was vacuumed or brushed away. Make sure the water is clean and not green. If it is green, the water could contain molds, fungus, larvae, and other contaminants that could make you sick, besides making it almost impossible to test.
Have the following information ready when you call to schedule your professional pool leak detection
- Is it a pool only or does it also have a spa?
- Is the pool equipment above or below ground?
- How many pumps?
- Is the pool constructed of fiberglass, gunite, marcite, or vinyl?
- How many skimmers?
- Does it leak more with the filter on or with it off?
- How much water does it lose over a 24-hour period?